Asthma is a nothing but a constriction of airways in the lungs. These airways, allow air to come in and out of the lungs. It is a chronic disease. Airways or bronchial tubes are always inflamed in asthmatic people. Muscles around the airways get more tighten and swollen due to some triggers. Which causes, difficulty in moving air in and out of the lungs, leads to symptoms like coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath.
Symptoms of asthma:
- Breathlessness: difficulty in breathing due to airway spasm or mucus plugging.
- Cough: cough can be productive or dry type.
- Chest tightness: tightness of chest or pain in chest.
- Wheezing: it is an abnormal whistling sound present, due to difficulty in breathing. It is common in children.
Symptoms of asthma in severe cases:
- Rapid pulse.
- Bluish discoloration of lips and face.
- Decreased level of consciousness.
Causes of asthma:
Both environmental and genetic factors causes asthma.
- Genetic factor: family history of asthma is the most important causes for asthma.
- Environmental factors: substances like pollen, dust particles, pet dander, and feathers etc. are trigger factors or also called allergens which causes asthma.
- Emotional factors: severe mental stress, anxiety and worry worsen the disease process.
- Infections: various respiratory infections caused by different viruses leads to acute attack of asthma.
- Seasonal: sudden change in weather or exposure to dry or cold air aggravate the asthmatic condition especially in children.
- Air pollutants: like strong fumes or odors, paint, gasoline, household sprays and smoke.
- Occupational asthma: like coal mining, gold mining, gases, and textile industries.
- Food preservatives: like some kind of food color, beverages and preservatives leads to asthma.
Homeopathy treatment helps to desensitize the immunity of the patient in such a way that, patient stops reacting to triggers which causes asthma. Homeopathy helps to increase the immunity of the patient. It removes the cause of the disease from the routes.
There are different medicine to various phases of asthma. Some of them are eg.
- Spongia tosta: extreme dryness of the air passages. along with dry cough there is presence of whistling sound
- Antim tart: the cough is much rattling type. There is an excessive mucus in the chest. Cough is loose type. Symptoms worsen by lying down.
- Rumex: cough is dry and get worsen by talking and n cold air are the main symptoms in this drug.