Dandruff is a condition that occurs when the scalp becomes dry or greasy and produces white flakes of dead skin.Dandruff is believed to be related to a fungus known as malassezia that lives on the scalp of most people. These flakes appear on the scalp, in the hair, or on the shoulders.
Causes of Dandruff
Skin cells are shed at a faster rate than normal. Major Causes can be:
- Oil from the scalp causes the skin cells to clump together and appear as white flakes.
- Dry skin.
- Sensitivity to hair products.
- Seborrheic dermatitis.
- Overgrowth of yeast.
- Scalp folliculitis.
- white flakes of dead skin in the hair
- Flakes of skin that ranges from small and white to large, greasy, and yellow.
- Itchy flaking that appears on the scalp or eyebrows;
- Flakes around the hairline, ears, or nose; or in the center of the chest or back.
Homeopathy provides a permanent solutions for Dandruff, while taking into account of the individual’s case history. Various medicines like Thuja, Natrum muriaticum, Kali sulphuricum, Graphites, etc. have been successful in treatment of dandruff.