Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep or sometimes both. It is the most common sleeping disorder amongst all sleeping disorder. Insomnia or sleeplessness can be caused by psychiatric and medical conditions, unhealthy sleep habits, specific substances, or certain biological factors.
Insomnia can occurs at any age but it is more common in women than men. Following are some risk factors which causes insomnia.
- High level of stress
- Travelling to different time zones
- Lower income
- Working in night shifts or changes in work hours
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Medical conditions like obesity, menopause or cardiovascular heart disease.
Diagnosis of insomnia can be done by examining any of the following conditions:
- Difficulty in sleep at least three nights a week, for minimum of 3 months of period
- Difficulty in sleep are responsible for distress in life, on physical or functional level.
The insomnia patient have following symptoms:
- Problems with attention, concentration or memory (cognitive impairment)
- Poor performance at school or work
- Moodiness or irritability
- Daytime sleepiness
- Impulsiveness or aggression
- Lack of energy or motivation
- Errors or accidents
- Concern or frustration about your sleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired upon waking
Homeopathy medicines are not like a sleeping pills. Sleeping pills have serious effects on the analyzing power, mental ability and judgment skill of the patient. Homeopathy medicines acts very well on acute and also on chronic case of insomnia. Homeopathy medicines also prevents the relapse of insomnia. Homeopathy medicines other hands doesn’t causes any psychological and physiological dependency. The doses of medicine can gradually reduce or can take intermittently as per requirement, after insomnia is cured.